How to Brew Loose Leaf Tea
Infusion-fluffy tea mixes: leaves & flowers
1. Bring water to a boil. Let cool a bit.
2. Use 1-2 teaspoons / 8oz water use more for stronger tea
3. Many ways to Brew- use a "tea ball" or other diffuser to put the tea into.
4. Add water and let steep for 5-15 minutes, more for stronger tea.
5. Add honey if desired.
6. You may resteep several times until the flavor is gone.
7. If making iced teas, brew tea much stronger, then add over ice.
Decoctions- dense material, roots, barks & berries
1. same as above except if using an infuser, steep longer.
2. Best to simmer on the stove covered for 15-30 minutes.